Monday, February 16, 2015

Will starts Kindy

Our friends who lived here before us recommended Reynella Kindy to us and told us that there was occasional care there as well. I was quick to look into it and Will started going in May last year for 1 morning a week. He and I loved it! By the end of last year I was really struggling at home with 2 kids. I just felt guilty all the time as I couldn't give Will all the stimulation he was craving and I wasn't organised enough to do so many of the ideas in the Pinterest world that looked amazing and educational. I was also realising that I was well and truly to start working again and started getting the ball rolling to do some Relief Teaching. 

Although I have reservations about children starting kindy and school so early, I felt so confident sending Will off to Kindy this year for 2 full days and almost felt guilty that I was not sad! 

In term 3 and 4 it is hoped he will do 3 full days. (The Kindy has to wait to see if there is enough Government funding before this goes ahead) Will turned 4 on the 26th January and the very next day started Kindy. He was so excited on his first day but got all coy as soon as I brought the camera out. I was feeling really unwell so mum took him off to Kindy. It was a little disappointing that I couldn't drop him off on his first day but I was at least able to take the photos and make his lunch. 






 Will wasn't as eager the next day as he was so tired. He was excited to wear his new Kindy T-Shirt though. I would love to have a uniform for him but most of the kindergarten's here in SA are stand alone and not associated with a particular school. This does have it's good points though and Will's classmates will be going to heaps of different schools. He has at least one little boy going to the same Primary School next year. 



He looks so much like his daddy in these photos!





No comments: