I've reached the point where I think it's almost impossible to catch up with all that's been happening over the past 5-6 months. Being completely honest, this year has been pretty awful. We've had a few amazing things happen...and if it weren't for that I think I would still be in the dark place I've been in recently.
I just don't have the energy to go into details other than I've felt very down and lacking energy. Lots of stress and anxiety was brought on by grief and exhaustion. I am very happy to say that I am feeling a lot better now that Henry is sleeping through the night and I'm getting the amount I've exercise I've craved...and having the support of a very amazing husband I feel more positive than I have in months.
So some of the things that have happened since Dad passed away in Febuary; Pete was head hunted for a job with Vision Stream and landed a great position in Adelaide. The pay rise and change of State meant we could buy our first home. It all fell into place so quickly and I feel like Dad had a hand in it all :-)
It's really exciting to be in our very own place and we are loving the space, location and so many things. Will calls it our 'Yellow house' as it has a yellow front door and the front gate is also yellow. He still gets a bit confused that we are now living in Adelaide but he is enjoying life. I do feel a bit sad though as he misses his many gorgeous little mates in Melbourne.
Henry is sleeping well and is getting around like a champ. He is a super quick crawler and at 11 months is starting to climb and is a little more adventurous than I'd like at times. He is still a velcro baby. He loves his mummy - though his first word was 'Dad' :-(
He is saying 'Dad' and 'Mum' now and is understanding a lot more. He learnt to point, clap , wave and stand all in the same week when he was 10 months old. He has 4 teeth with another 2 that have appeared in the last fortnight. They have cut but haven't moved all the way down yet.
Will is enjoying doing a morning of occasional care once a week and I am loving a bit of quiet for a few hours each week.
I will do a more detailed post at some stage about the house as it's something I want to keep a record of.
My mum visited a few weeks after our move and got the boys the biggest Trampoline available. Good thing we have a big yard!
Henry got to meet his Great Grandma Watt for the first time. We need to see her again!
We were lucky to meet Great Aunty Morag too.
Pete had never met his Aunty until this year! We all LOVED her!
This is what my monitor looked like for many months! Night time shenanigans. So glad to say that I don't have this view anymore!
The previous owners of our house subdivided the block (it was huge). Someone is now building next door and we have a great relationship with the builders. Will even got to drive the digger!
Now that the weather is finally getting better we will do more trips to the Adelaide Zoo
We love hanging out with Toby and Collette. So glad I have such a great friend so close by!
We are also loving out local library at Woodcroft. Will enjoyed a free kid's concert - The amazing Drumming Monkeys back in July! This is his smile for the camera these days!
A cute one of Will in our kitchen. It's one of the few things I am not so keen on in our place. I am used to an open plan kitchen and more bench space! It is still functional though and we LOVE the oven so that's always a plus :-)
Just a cute one of Henry showing off his new skills!
We finally got another family photo.


















No comments:
Post a Comment