Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tassie Treats

Pete and I were happily met by mum and dad Jones at the Hobart Airport on Tues. It was great driving to the Huon and visiting with the Watson Clan, especially as all the kids were there. It was amazing to see Emma' s beautiful girls looking so big. Most enjoyable was falling in love...with a golden labrador puppy - the latest addition to their family. I am so clucky for a puppy!! Not going to happen until we get our own place, or a more lenient Landlord.

Anyway, Pete, myself and the parents did some touristy stuff on the West Coast. I have wanted to do the ABT railway for ages, and finally got to experience it. It was a great experience and a nice day chugging along on the train. The nice rocking lull of the train had me dozey right after lunch, which prompted the tour guide to stop commenting for a bit as "some of us looked a little weary."

I could talk for ages, but don't want to write a huge jornal type entry. Here's a shot of our trip.I'd add more, but mum and dad's internet is SLOW....this took about 10 mins to upload.

1 comment:

Jess [Bradbury] Wheeler said...

MEL! Missing you gal!
Wow, tourist-ing around south of Tas!
I've been tripping around north tas :P
Maybe we'll bump into eachother in the barren midlands of tas [haha, not likely].