Pete did "attempt" to grow one, but it was nothing other than pathetic, and so he ended up shaving off his blonde try hard mo after 3 weeks. Man, that sounded harsh. Sorry honey!!
Anyway we sold stick-on mustaches at school a couple of weeks back, and to keep with the spirit of things, I got in on the act and bought one, and promptly put it on and had my class in stitches. Many of you will know I have very thin lips, and an absolutely non existent top lip. With a mo, it looks like I barely had a mouth. Of course it was a regular school day, and whilst the lessons weren't overly teacher directed that day, I did have to give instructions etc. After I'd outlined some expectations for the lesson, one of my especially conscientious students raised her hand, started giggling, and said "Mrs Watt, I'm really sorry, but I just can't take you seriously today."
In spite of typical rules, I asked one of the other students with a mo to open up 'Photobooth' on his computer so we could get a photo of our mo's. This student is a legend, and he actually looks like the Monopoly man! What do you think???
3 comments:
SO great! You look like a natural... Marcos also has a very hard time with facial hair, and I think that "pathetic" would be a proper descriptor! You asked about the $900 rent in New York City, and that's per month. Many people pay much more than that, but Kimmy basically only has a little room. Just for a comparison, Marcos and I pay $550 for an entire one-bedroom apartment here in North Carolina, and some places are even cheaper than that. I would be interested to compare with Aussie prices! Let me know!
What a funny post! Hilarious... I bet your students love you as a teacher. At first I didn't know what you meant by 'mo' I thought of it as like a Mo-Hawk or something... but when I realized you meant mustache :) And my dear Seth cannot grow a Mo!! AT all!! Just like your Pete. But they're still fantastic, aren't they? Too funny...
haha i think it suits you!
Post a Comment