I'm sure many of you will have experienced one of those times in life when you're stuck in the same situation waiting on answers that are totally out of your control before you can move forward with important life decisions. All you can do is wait and try and get on with life, even though you can't plan more than a few weeks ahead.
For a control freak like me, this is VERY frustrating.
The time it took for Peter to travel to and from work was also taking a bit of a toll.
Peter then said something about possibilities of moving back to Adelaide. As he said this I had a sudden and discernible warmth fill my heart. From experience I recognised this as the sweet and gentle influence of the Holy Ghost. I told Peter what I felt and I was surprised to hear he had felt exactly the same way at the exact moment I had.
I thought for a few moments that I may have exaggerated the feeling because I just wanted to move to Adelaide but because Pete felt the same way we were both sure that it was a prompting that moving back to Adelaide was the right thing to do. We talked about it some more and discussed whether it was likely Pete could get a transfer with his company to their small Adelaide office and he said he'd look into it.
After a few weeks of considering and Pete inquiring with his line manager he told me that Ericsson are in the process of finalising a contract with a company that will require a lot of work throughout Australia. Apparently they have already budgeted to send an engineer to the Adelaide office for this contract. Pete told his manager he would love the opportunity and the manager said if it all happens he'd be the most likely candidate to go.
Anyway, here we are almost 6 months later still waiting on confirmation that this contract will go ahead and if Pete will be sent to Adelaide. We still feel we need to move to Adelaide but we're not sure HOW that is actually going to happen at this stage. There is absolutely nothing we can do to speed up the process so being patient is very hard. Especially when we have a lease that runs out early June etc etc.
I'm sure it's going to happen but it could be as soon as a month or two or as long as a year...In the meantime we are trying to just live life as it comes and not worry so much about planning for the future (at least in a temporal sense). This is something I'm not all that good at. Maybe that's why I'm having this experience ;-)
2 comments:
Hang in there Mel~ I can completely understand being frustrated being in limbo, especially for manic planners like ourselves. Sounds like you've got the gist of taking it all as it comes. You guys rock! Good things are around the corner, I can feel it- just got to wait it out. Love you xxx
You sound like you are waiting patiently even though it's hard. We'd be excited to see you in Adelaide though!
Post a Comment