We were very happy to spend this Easter in Adelaide. It had been exactly a year since we'd been there as a family. I'd been lucky to visit a couple of times with Will but Pete wasn't able to get the time off to come until Easter. We were really excited about this trip as it would be the first time since Siona's wedding over a year ago that Pete would be with his entire family and the first time since our Wedding that all the Watt siblings and their kids etc had been together.
Will loved being with his Grandma and Grandpa Watt. I wasn't sure how he was going to go with them as it has been a while between visits and he doesn't know them as well as my parents.I shouldn't have over thought it because he was soon snuggling into them and loving being spoilt everyday.
 |
| Will tucking into an ice-cream |
Pete and I were
really happy we got to see his Uncle George during his brief visit from
China. We look forward to the day we are living back in Adelaide and
Uncle George moves back there to retire. I have a soft spot for his
Uncle George and Pete is the first to admit he's his favourite Uncle :-)
Will loved Uncle George and I was glad to get a couple of photos before
he left.
 |
| Uncle George and Will |
 |
| Uncle George and Great Grandma Watt with Will |
The day after George left, Pete's sister Karyn arrived from London and
the family reunions began. Siona joined us 2 days later and it was such a
lovely relaxing time with the family. We didn't worry about flitting
off trying to cram in as many visits with friends as we did last time
and it made our trip so relaxing and more enjoyable. We ended up having a
couple of BBQ's and had people come to us. So much better than trying
(and not succeeding) to see every friend and family member.
 |
| Will with his Aunty Karyn, who he just loves! |
 |
| Pete's brother Andrew playing with his kids Jamie and Meagan in Bill and Sue's huge backyard |
Our friends Adam and Diana Russo came out for a BBQ with their gorgeous girls. We all had a blast running around like crazy people in the backyard for ages.
 |
| Will absolutely loved the space and the company of his big cousins. |
 |
| Pete chasing Meagan |
 |
| Cuddles with Grandma as daddy plays peek a boo |
 |
| Will being very cheeky with his Aunty Karyn taking photos. |
The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we took advantage of the beautiful surroundings near Pete's parents place. They are a 5 min walk from Port Willunga beach and Pete and I went for some beach runs to try and stay motivated with our fitness. I must say I was a lot more motivated than Peter. I even went to the Gym with Sue a couple of times. The last thing I wanted was to stack on a heap of weight after working so hard over the last 7 months to get back into shape.
We decided to go for a swim one day with Karyn. The water was so warm but it was very rough so I spent most of my time in the shallows with Will.
 |
| Enjoying the water at Pt Willunga beach |
 |
| Car ride home in the nud! |
The photo below many will have seen on Facebook. My Father in law Bill is a self-confessed chocoholic who even has a mini fridge in his bedroom to store his chocolate!! I did eat more than I planned but for the most part I was very sensible.
Will loved eating chocolate. He hadn't had any chocolate since his first real taste during his 1st Birthday party. I think he enjoyed becoming reacquainted with it - wouldn't you say?!!
 |
| Tucking into his Cadbury chick from Aunty Siona and Karyn |
 |
| Enjoying a little treat with mum |
Before everyone started heading home Bill and Sue spoilt us with a lovely dinner at The Snake Charmer in Unley. It's the best Indian restaurant in Adelaide. Siona and I ended up unbuttoning our jeans a little as we ate way too much!
 |
| Watt siblings out for dinner. L-R Andrew, Karyn, Siona & Peter |
Will loved playing with some new toys at Grandma and Grandpas. We even bought him a ride on Thomas the Tank Engine. Thomas has become his new obsession and has replaced Giggle and Hoot as his favourite show :-)
 |
| Riding his horse nude - as you do! |
 |
| Ready for family prayers with Grandpa |
We were glad we got to spend time with our very good friends, Kyle and Alicia Smith. We miss them terribly.
 |
| kisses with Will's gal pal Kira (Kyle and Alicia's little girl) |
Will is not the only kid growing up way too fast. Our nephews Jamie and Ben have grown so much and Meagan is a real little lady. They affectionately call their cousin "Big Will." It's pretty cute and so true :-)
 |
| Jamie, Will & Ben |
 |
| Will got a bit over all the attention from his cousins in the end ;-( |
 |
Pete becomes like a little kid again when he goes home to mummy and daddy!
|
One of our highlights was experiencing a family photo shoot with our lovely and super talented friend Kelly. I'll do a separate post on that so stay tuned.
2 comments:
It was so good to see you guys!!! I LOVE that picture of you at the beach with Will, you look FANTASTIC!! We're coming to Melbourne later in the year and will be stopping in on you guys! We love you xxx
love it! Glad your back. When kyle and I have sorted out the car situation we will come visit regularly again. gah! x
Post a Comment