Friday, January 13, 2012

A visit to the farm

Whenever I'm in Tassie I try to visit our good friends, Heather and Les Smith, who live on a gorgeous farm in Lilydale. I haven't lived in the country since before my mission but I'd happily live there again. There's nothing like the space and serenity you get on a farm.
Whenever I'm in Tassie Les asks me to go horse-riding with him as his Grand-daughters are all grown up and living all over the place. I'm usually happy to oblige :-)
Pete got to go for a ride too this time (Last time Les didn't have a horse gentle enough for Pete :-) Pete was a lot more adventurous than me though. He and Les went for a lot longer ride than I did. I was very cautious. I was very aware that one wrong step or lack of attention and I could have been thrown off. As it was, the horse I was riding jumped a little to the right over a big puddle and I went into some blackberry bushes...I think being a mum has made me so cautious and aware of the danger in every situation. Has anyone else noticed this since becoming a mum?? I feel like a big wuss!

We had a great lunch and a big explore around the farm. Mum went exploring with Will around Heather's amazing garden and they picked berries, petted sheep and just had a great time.

Will with his favourite animal - a dog!

Getting very sleep after all his exploring

Feeding the sheep a rose
When we got back from the horse ride we got Will to check out the horses too. He wasn't all that fussed really :-)


Les showed us the new baby chicks. Will was so gentle.
It was very very cute



We had a lovely day!

No comments: