We took off for Tassie to spend Christmas with my side of the family. Pete ended up having to do a few days work in Hobart so Ericsson changed our flights for us and we surprised mum and dad by arriving almost a week earlier than originally planned. While they were surprised and happy to see us I know it put mum in a bit of a spin as she had certain things she wanted to get done before we got there.
Christmas has always been really low key in my family. We always celebrated it on Christmas Eve as my dad usually had to work on Christmas Day and even though he doesn't work anymore we still have kept up this tradition. We used to sing a few carols and have some kind of spiritual thought but I hate to say that just didn't happen this year. Even though my brothers , along with their wife and girlfriend don't go to church we still could have made more effort to bring more of the true Christmas spirit into our home. I really noticed it's absence :-( However, once they'd left we decided to watch the Christmas devotional that we just hadn't gotten around to watching. It was perfect. I'm so so so glad Christmas Day fell on a Sunday this year as we got to go to church. I can't think of a better way to celebrate Christmas than to worship and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas in the Lord's house. Launceston wards combined for a really beautiful sacrament meeting. We sang so many hymns and the talks were inspired. I felt so invigorated and uplifted and felt that special Christmas spirit for the rest of the day. My favourite talk was given by our Stake President (notice how I still refer to the ward and leaders etc as if they were still my own) President Prebble talked about being 'present' and not just giving 'presents.' It's been a few weeks and I've lost his actual wording but I absolutely love hearing him speak.
Anyway it turned out to be a lovely Christmas. Will was really out of sorts on Christmas Eve. Our living room was packed and he really didn't understand what was going on and he was just tired...I'm sure next year will be a bit different for him :-)
I didn't get many photos as I was trying to keep Will happy.
Before the little guy got grumpy
Watching daddy check out his new electric toothbrush!
Having a sleepy hug with daddy
Seconds later Will gets his second wind and dad takes full advantage.
Not too sure about hugs with Uncle Sim & Aunty Em
We had 3 weeks in Tassie and had a great stay. It was just a tiny bit too long though. I think Pete and I are keen to have a holiday where we just stay at home and don't travel to either Adelaide or Tassie - as much as we love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment