Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Expecting

So....as most of you would be aware, I'm pregnant!

  • I'm just over 13 weeks and due on the 25th Jan (though I would LOVE the bub to be born on Australia Day, 26th Jan)
  • We're not finding out gender. I'm a bit curious but Pete really wants the surprise.
  • I haven't had morning sickness as such - just had lots or reflux type stuff and heaps of weird burping (no-one ever told me that could happen) Also, am just exhausted ALL the time
That's about all I can think to say at this point. It's exciting but still not quite real yet. I think it will be more real once I've actually heard bub's heartbeat or seen it on the scan.

11 comments:

The Kings said...

Soooo exciting Mel!! The first one is always extra special.

Jess said...

your tiny tiny bump pic is CUTE! You still have a long way before you beat Petes preggas belly!

Essie said...

Yay, yay, YAAAAAY!! Looking forward to following your preggas journey! How wonderful! XX

melandpeter said...

haha Jess. I showed Pete your comment and he was cracking up. Those photos are hilarious. He was as big as you I reckon. xxx

Collette said...

hahaha to jess' comment! i'm SO excited for you Melly! Keep the pics coming!

Rebecca said...

so exciting Mel - Hte first time I heard Kelsea's heart beat was at 14 weeks so ask your gp next visit to give you a listen!!

Elle said...

YAY!!!! THIS is SOOOO EXCITING! Congratulations Mel!!!

Watson said...

Glad you're feeling well Mel. It would be horrible to be sick while teaching teenagers! Exciting times ahead. We need regular bump photos on here!

Metta said...

MEL!!! We are SO excited for you both... I actually love that you guys are waiting to find out gender. Good for you! I was happy to know Gigi was going to be a girl, but in the future I'm sure we'll wait for at least one of them... Want a bit of advice though? When it comes time for you to have a shower, maybe either wait until after the baby is born (unlikely that people will let you do that) or have a theme like "everything accept clothes", or just register for specific items. The only reason I say that is because a close friend of mine just had her shower and they are also not finding out gender, and she received a load of really uninteresting clothing. Everyone loves to buy baby clothes because they are cute, but really, the pale yellow and pale green clothes are NOT cute when compared with the more gendered clothes. Not that they have to be blue or pink, but I promise, when you have a girl or a boy, part of the fun part is having them look such. When they are super tiny they will always be in onesies and sleeping anyway so it's not a big deal, but I've gone back and gotten rid of all of the gender neutral clothes I had because they weren't that cute compared to the real deal. Just a piece of advice. I had never even though of it until this recent shower...

Stephen and Chernoa said...

Wonderful news:) yes we are a week apart, Im due on the 31st of jan! I literally have NO bump. That picture on my blog was after a MASSIVE lunch...hehehe:) I hope your doing well:)

make it perfect said...

this is awesome news mel! so happy for you and love the random burp comments ;)