Thursday, August 12, 2010

Funny things kids say

It's been a funny couple of weeks at work. My students are classic and always saying the funniest things - especially since I've been pregnant.
When I told my gorgeous class of year 8's that I was pregnant they all broke out in applause and were very excited. When they left class I could see them outside the window in the yard and it was like Chinese whispers in action as my news spread throughout the Middle School. 45 kids left that day on a Zoo camp and when they returned 3 days later the teacher who'd been on camp with them was telling me how they told her my news. The kids exclaimed "Ms J, did you hear what happened to Mrs Watt. " Ms J said it was so funny. They were telling her like it was some big accident and what had I let happen to me. So funny!
The other day I had another teacher tell me that one of my students told her "Mrs Watt has been SOOO nice since she's been pregnant." When she told me who it was I realised it was a boy in my class who I had complimented that morning on his new hair cut. I told him he looked handsome and when I asked the girls they agreed. No wonder I was in his good books!
It will be interesting to hear what other things they have to say over the next few months.

5 comments:

Metta said...

Wow. I like that a boy kiddo noticed your compliments. It reminds me to be more complimentary to kids, because they're paying attention.

Nettie's Blog said...

still excited for you both ....cant wait to find out what you are having...but will have to wait till Australia Day...yep hang on till then...Love yaXXXX

melandpeter said...

Yup Mietta. They do pay attention. Unfortunately to the not so complimentary things also. Luckily I don't tease them too much this year ;-)What you were saying about the baby shower was true but ppl are pretty good at picking out cute clothes in white and lemon etc. There are some cute things here in Aus. Though I'm not fussed about clothing just yet. I'm sure my mum will go crazy when bub is born and go on a shopping spree.

Tell me about it Nettie. Pete's the one keeping me strong. Don't even have a scan for a few more weeks yet anyhow.

make it perfect said...

haha, thats awesome mel!
i was 26 weeks pregnant when i did my internship in a grade 6 class for 6 weeks - the kids didn't even realise i was pregnant until i mentioned it at about 31 weeks...and i wasn't small, they were just so oblivious to it!!!

Carli said...

That is so cute Mel! Your baby is going to be so loved, you are going to be a great Mum xxx