Thursday, November 26, 2009

sick


I'm not normally one who gets sick very often, but I've been unwell for over a week. Last week I got some sort of yucky gastro thing which then seemed to develop into a high temperature.
I though I was better on Sunday, but all this week I have been draging myself to work totally exhausted and so physically weak. I lost 3 kilos over the last 4 days and just haven't been able to eat much - and I love my food, even when I am sick.
Anyway I have had a high temp over the past few days and finally yesterday arvo I felt absolutely horrid. Like I was roasting alive. My eyes were blurry and stinging like crazy. One of my colleagues just came near me and felt the heat coming off me, and she said you need to take a sickie at the very least, and get yourself to a doctor.
Now why didn't I do this much earlier? Because I am too stubborn, and thought well I've had a blessing, I should be fine to just trust in that.
I think Heavenly Father is more than happy for us to take advantage of the modern methods we have now to take care of our health. Being a teacher aswell, I find it so hard to have time off work, because not only do you have to find things to set for your 4-7 classes on any given day, you often are behind when you come back to work. Sometimes it's easier to just go to work even when you're not 100%. I know it sounds stupid, but I've found with my job, there is so much to get through in an average school day it is so much harder not to be there. Japanese classes are hard to set because you never get relief teachers who teach Japanese, and there are only so many worksheets and videos etc you can set. Language is such a teacher-directed subject.
However, having said all that (sorry to get on my soapbox about how hard us teacher's have it - coz I know we don't have the only hard job in the world) I have learnt that I need to look after myself better, and not worry so much about the world crashing down around me if I'm not there to control it. (I'm really talking about my classes here). I hate being a control freak!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

aww Mel..... this is no good! I really hope that you start to feel 100% very soon. Feeling sick is horrible! Lots of prayers for you. xx

Cullis Family said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Nettie's Blog said...

sending you lots of hugs and Nettie kisses as well as get well prayers for a very speedy recovery ..but remember Heavenly Father created doctors for us to help ourselves..remember the word agency...he wants it to be a doing word...love you get well soonXXXX
PS just a thought on that bug...i had "geardia"(think that is how it is spelt)when i came back from Mexico..all the same symtoms ..had to take really strong anitbiotics and it took a long time to feel well again..it is an overseas travel bug..you have been to Japan recently!!!!...

danandcami said...

I remember having some of those same feelings when I worked. But glad you are feeling better! Sickness Stinks!!!