Sunday, September 6, 2009

日本が大好き

In July, Peter and I were very lucky to visit Japan for a week. Whilst it was only a short time it was the BEST time. My parents are amazing and still spoil me. Sending Pete and I to Japan of course was no exception. Mum just tells me that I have to look after her and dad really well in their old age, though I doubt I'll ever come close to sacrificing as much for them as they have done for me.
It's fitting that on Father's day I'm posting about one of the greatest presents I've received from my parents, and thanking them for knowing how desperately homesick for Japan I have been, and for them wanting to cure my homesickness (the kind that doesn't even involve them)!

A love of Japan and her people is what initially connected Peter and I (not just the sparks of love at first sight). It was Japan and our missions that we first talked about, got excited about and laughed about.
The trip to Japan TOGETHER meant so much to us. It connected us yet again and brought us so many more memories to share.

My gorgeous friend Mami made us a sign

Mami and I at Osaka Castle

Mel embracing the costume experience

Watch out hun!

Osaka Castle
And again

With Bishop Ueda and his gorgeous family

Experiencing Ramune - exploding fizzy drink I think you would call it!

9 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh how lucky are you guys!!!! Looks like a fantastic trip.

Jaclyn said...

How exciting! I am so jealous that you got to go. Please tell me you ate some Hichew?!!

make it perfect said...

so fun! glad you got to go back on a holiday this time!!

Nettie's Blog said...

What a beutiful return experience ...(am i feeling a move to Japan when Pete finishes...hopefully for a short time)
It was O so so nice to catch up with you when you flew home for your mums birthday too....

make it perfect said...

hey mel...

yummo orange and poppyseed here:
http://tonicoward.blogspot.com/2008/01/recipe-monday_21.html

its super delicious!

love ya
xxx

make it perfect said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a wonderful connection you guys have, having served in the same country. I hope you get to go back many times again.

Aimee said...

ahhh, jimbo is desperate to go back. i hope one day he can (with us too, i'm hanging out to see the places and people that meant a lot to him when he served). looks like you guys had a great time, how fun.

Chelsea Parsons said...

ohhh yay, Im so glad you got a trip back there. You two are the cutest!