Last week my beloved Grandpa passed away. He had been sick for a lot of years firstly with Prostate cancer, then a few years ago it was discovered that the cancer had spread through his bones. It has been an emotional time for the family, but we are happy that he is no longer in pain. He spent the last few months of his mortal life in a nursing home, but spent his last weeks constantly surrounded by family and friends. I am so grateful that my family here in Adelaide are loving and supportive of each other, especially for Grandma. Mum arrived from Tassie on Wed 14th Jan. Grandpa couldn't talk but he just looked into her eyes and communicated to her that he could hear her. She told him that he could go now, and that he would be reunited with his ancestors, and his 3 grandchildren in Heaven. It seems that Grandpa was waiting for mum, as he passed away in the early hours of Thursday morning.Grandpa had been a lifelong atheist, but in the past few weeks he seemed to accept the existence of God and even said "Why won't God take me yet?" I'm glad Heavenly Father has taken him unto his care now.
I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that I will see my grandpa again, and that he will not have to suffer pain ever again.
4 comments:
Mel, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa passing away. Lots of love and peace your direction.
Let me tell you though... the Celestial Kingdom is about to gain 50 more "good looking" points when your grandpa shows up on the front door. What a hunk.
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Mel. Glad he isn't in pain anymore though.
hehe! Yeah he was rather dashing! Thanks for the love and best wishes girls!
Mwah
you have been in our prayers Mel (as has all your family)What a wonderful knowledge we have as memebers of the church ...Families are Forever...and i am sure that your grand father really knows that now....thinking of you ...love to Pete..XXXXXXX
Post a Comment