Thursday, January 13, 2011

38 weeks means....

Waddling. I not only waddle, I also have trouble walking in a straight line which means I'm constantly bumping into Peter.

I can't see my feet anymore and have to get Pete to cut my toenails - surely that is a sign of true love hey!

I find it hard just getting up from the couch so Pete helps me up.

My feet (whilst not the horrendous cankles they were in Adelaide) are puffy and often sore.

I wake up every morning with extreme numbness/pins and needles in my hands and fingers. They are also puffing up big time. My face is a bit puffy but it could be worse.

Whilst Pete sits on the couch shivering, I demand the fan to be blaring right on top of me. He just has to suck it up and put warmer clothing on if he's cold.

I cry easily. Enough said!

I know where a convenient toilet is located within a 10 radius from our house.

I wake up countless times during the night, just to change position.

Climbing stairs is nearly impossible. Pete and I caught a train into Melbourne to test what it will be like for his journey to work. We had a walk around the Docklands area near the Ericsson office and then headed back towards to Mall. We climbed a flight of stairs and it stuffed me so much I had to go take a break in a food court and get Pete to run the errands we had to do in the city...I just couldn't walk any more.

I have to hug Pete sideways so my belly doesn't get in the way.

My weekly pregnancy shot no longer shows the "pregnancy glow." I simply look exhausted and 'over it' (at least, that's my opinion anyway)

Having said all this, I'm actually doing pretty well. I just really want bub to come as I'm so excited to meet him/her.

4 comments:

Metta said...

Mel, when you think back on this time, you won't remember much of what you just wrote about! Or maybe I just have a horrible memory about my own life... anyway, you still have the glow, and you still look perfectly maternal, and you are going to rock this labor! I felt so much more confident the more information I had. I did some good research and talking to mommy friends, and it made heaps of difference when it came to how comfortable I felt with the future.

We are so excited for you two! Pretty soon, your life will change and you'll look back and wonder what you ever did when you didn't have kids. Blessings your way!

xoxo

Cullis Family said...

Mel, I think you gorgeous! Best of luck with the arrival of your little one.xx

Jess said...

but I want a Watt baby friend NOW says Bastian..

Watson said...

I agree with your friend Metta. Once the baby is out you think how quick the pregnancy went. You do forget what life was like before as well. Gradually you get your brain back if you lost it. Your body feels good aches and pains once bub is out. It's really amazing how your body bounces back. Even the time during labour goes quick- Hours seem like minutes. You will stop crying too! I can just picture all the emotion once you see he or she for the first time :) You may feel very pregnant, but I think you look like a glowing pregnant woman.