Pete finished his exam on Friday afternoon, and then set off for Melbourne on Sat morning to house hunt. We'll be renting in the SW area of Melbourne (at least that's where we feel directed towards at this stage). I have 3 more weeks of work to go (2 more with the kids) and have been absolutely flat out. I have done more excursions, exercise etc in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy than the 1st and 2nd combined. Probably not wise, but I just have so much to do before I leave work.
I did overdo it on Fri though. I taught 6 lessons straight (4 of which were excursions), umpired a staff vs student Netball game at lunchtime, supervised an after school detention, then supervised the Middle School student social. When I sat down in lesson 6 and then got up to check on students work I could barely move :-)
I must say though, that I have an amazing group of colleagues who really look after me. I was sat down at recess and told that the roster for the social was changing. Instead of doing 2 duties, I was to do 1 and then go home early. I am so well supported at work and love my colleagues to bits. I'm going to miss them so much next year :-(
So it looks like Pete and I will be moving in the next fortnight. I'm going to stay here in Adelaide and finish work while Pete and a friend take care of the move. I'm praying it all goes smoothly and that we get someone to move in here quickly as well. Pete attended a ward today where his cousin's family go and funnily enough he met an old Tassie friend of mine who is also in the ward after moving in recently with his family. He felt really good there and I'm hoping that he'll find something in that area.
I'll leave you guys with a couple of recent pics from the past 2 weekends. Last weekend we flew up to Brisbane for Siona's wedding (Pete's sister) and then this weekend I had a baby shower. So much fun!
Enjoy x
the detail in the back of her dress.
6 comments:
Wowzers Mel you HAVE been busy! Good to hear pete's all done! how exciting! you look great btw!
xo
ohhh.... Should we have stayed in Tassie??? will have to send Heidi out..lol... I was born at the womens hospital in Carlton... then we lived in a caravan in someone's back garden..... it prolly was fun cos I had fun in Cairns living in a caravan.... Have fun... I bet you are sad to leaving Adelaide... Perhaps you will have another baby shower???
I will get something off to you soon... then when we know....I'll see about the Blessing outfit....
busy busy .. cant wait for you to move!! ahhhh
I hope you are not overdoing it there Mel????
I would have loved to be there at your baby shower.. thanks for the invite...
i will need your new address to send the gift please
fantastic shots of Sonia's wedding...tell her Congratulations for us please...
Take care beautiful lady
Oh Congrats to Pete on finishing and with the move ...i know he will find somewhere nice for you guys...somewhere the Lord needs your little family...
You look gorgeous Mel! Best of luck with the move! xx
aw - you look so cute mel! love it - so excited to hear baby news :)
take it easy and chill out when you can, sound like you need it!
xxx
Post a Comment