Sunday, March 8, 2009

Update

Hi everyone.

It has been ages since I've posted, but I must admit this blogging stuff doesn't really come naturally to me. I am still not in the habit of finding things to blog about. Random stuff does happen, but I'd feel like an idiot to blog most of it, so its been easier to just do nothing, and simply check out everyone else's blogs.
Pete and I are doing really well.
My new class of year 9's are gorgeous this year, and I'm really enjoying them. The 2nd year of teaching is so much easier, especially in terms of lesson preparation etc. Though lately I have been feeling a bit flat in my teaching, and just haven't had enough time to put into my lesson planning. I sometimes feel guilty that I'm not giving my students my best. It sucks to be a perfectionist sometimes. Even though I can never be perfect, I still sweat the small things at times, though I have definitely improved since I first started teaching. It's a long weekend here due to the Adelaide cup, so I've been enjoying a lazy weekend with Pete. We had Pete's parents and another older couple from church over for dinner tonight which was nice. We cooked a roast chook in our new BBQ. It was great!
Pete is doing his 2nd last year of Uni, and looking hard for some work experience opportunities. We are planning to move further North when we can, as the travel from work and Uni is starting to drain us. The mornings are fine because all the trains/trams connect nicely, but most afternoons it can take 1 1/2 hours to get from school to home. Our lease doesn't run out until November, but we'd like to find someone to take over our lease earlier if possible. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
Anyway, I'll leave it there for now. I don't even have any pics I can post.
Hope everyone is doing well. Please drop by my unexciting blog for a visit sometime.
xo

4 comments:

Metta said...

Okay, historical context: our sister-in-law Marie just closed her blog after feeling like she's fallen out of the "flow" for blogging, and so Marcos says to me, "Metta, please write something encouraging on their blog, so the same thing doesn't happen to them that just happened to Marie!". :-)

So, here are my encouraging words: Even though you may feel like your life is uneventful, we always love hearing from you! And who knows? Maybe the people who have interesting blogs really just make everything up! XOXO

Elle said...

I like Metta's comment - especially because I make most of my stuff up.. lol... haha! You don't have to blog about things they may seem 'interesting' to others - but just whats happening in your life - I love reading your up dates - take a couple of random photos while your sitting on the train to work, or your class room at school - i'd find that interesting.. haha!!
Love ya mate!

p.s I got the pants and skirt from Target!

Cullis Family said...

I understand where you are coming from Mel. Whilst I love reading everyones blogs I find it really hard to keep mine interesting!! Like Elle I love reading your updates.

Collette said...

Great to see another post! Miss you guys! I go through flat teaching moments also!! Love ya;)